Thursday, October 24, 2013

Favorites

Ok, so I have an extreme problem with favorites. Please, please, please, don't ask me what my favorite anything is...except color. You have permission to ask me what my favorite color is, but you do not have permission to make fun of me.

My favorite color is grey. But you can't spell it 'gray'. My favorite color is grey...with an 'e'. Somehow it is important that it be spelled that way.

But I digress...

On any given day, at any given time, if you ask me what my favorite anything is you might get a different answer (except color. favorite color=grey). If you ask me in the morning what my favorite type of food is, I might tell you Italian. If you ask me in the evening, I might tell you Thai food. If you ask me about my favorite book I will likely tell you about what I am currently reading, unless I don't want to get into it and then I will tell you The Little Prince. If you ask me what my favorite season is on four different days, you will get four different answers. Get the picture?

The thing is, I am always 100% convinced that I am being 100% truthful. And yet I don't even think about the fact that yesterday my answer was different.

The reason I bring this up is because this morning I was absolutely convinced that the stage that Gideon is currently at is my very most favorite stage of babyhood yet. But this afternoon I found myself saying that the stage that Annelise and Olivia are at is my favorite.


fa·vor·ite
ˈfāv(ə)rət/
adjective
1.
preferred before all others of the same kind.



^^^^By definition that is impossible. Little tiny baby snuggles and sweet baby breath and desperate-one -finger-hand-holding are totally my favorite things about being a mommy BUT lip smacking kisses and big boy cuddles and playing catch and learning words are my favorite things about being mommy and both of those statements are entirely true...so maybe my favorite thing is just being mommy?

I dunno. Just don't make me choose. I'm happy that I have so many different favorites.

Gideon



Annelise
Olivia




^^^That is the desperate-one-finger-hand-hold and if you have ever experienced it, you would know that it is the best thing ever.







1 comment:

  1. My baby turns 1 on Saturday, and I was just thinking about how I miss that desperate finger hold...enjoy all the cuddles!!

    ReplyDelete